- The development of laser spectroscopy and four-dimensional (4D) electron microscopy for mapping charge carrier dynamics of photoactive materials in real space and real time.
- The development of highly efficient solar cells, light-emitting diodes and photo-detectors with the aid of cutting-edge nanotechnology, laser spectroscopy, ultrafast electron imaging and ab-initio simulations.
- Fluorescence sensing and ultrafast energy transfer in highly ordered materials including MOFs.
- Carrier dynamics in low-dimensional perovskite materials .
- Real-space imaging of ultrafast carrier dynamics selectively on the surface and at the inferface of photoactive materials including semiconductor quantum dots and nanowires.
Access to Highly Efficient Energy Transfer in Metal-Organic Frameworks via Mixed Linkers Approach
J. Jia, L. Gutiérrez-Arzaluz, O. Shekhah, N. Alsadun, J. Czaban-Jóźwiak, S. Zhou, O. M. Ba...
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, (2020)
Unprecedented Ultralow Detection Limit of Amines using a Thiadiazole-Functionalized Zr(IV)-Based Metal–Organic Fram...
A. Mallick, A.M. El-Zohry, O. Shekhah, J. Yin, J. Jia, H. Aggarwal, A.-H. Emwas, O.F. Moha...
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 141 (18), pp. 7245-7249, (2019)
Modulation of Broadband Emissions in Two-dimensional< 100>-oriented Ruddlesden-Popper Hybrid Perovskites
. J. Yin, R. Naphade, L. Gutierrez Arzaluz, J-L. Bredas, O. M. Bakr, O. F. Mohammed*
ACS Energy Letters, 5, 7, 21492155, (2020)
Boosting Self-Trapped Emissions in Zero-Dimensional Perovskite Heterostructures
J. Yin, J-L. Bredas, O. M. Bakr, O. F. Mohammed*
Chemistry of Materials, 32, 12, 50365043, (2020)
Low Temperature Crystallization Enables 21.9% Efficient Single-Crystal MAPbI3 Inverted Perovskite Solar Cells
A. Y. Alsalloum, B. Turedi, X. Zheng, C. Yang, X. Zheng, S. Mitra, A. Zhumekenov,K. Lee, P...
ACS Energy Letters, 5, 657-662, (2020)
Tuning Hot Carrier Cooling Dynamics by Dielectric Confinement in Two-Dimensional Hybride Perosvkite Crystals
J. Yin, P. Maity,R. Naphade, V. Cheng, J-H. He, O. M. Bakr, J-L. Brédas, O. F. Mohammed*
ACS Nano, 13, 12621-12629, (2019)
Extraordinary Carrier Diffusion on CdTe Surfaces Uncovered by 4D Electron Microscopy
A. M. El-Zohry, B. S. Shaheen, V. M. Burlakov, J. Yin, M. N. Hedhili, S. Shikin, B. S. Ooi...
Chem, 5, 706-718, (2019)
Emergence of multiple fluorophores in individual cesium lead bromide nanocrystals
Y. Zhang, T. Guo, H. Yang, R. Bose, L. Liu, J. Yin, Y. Han, O. M. Bakr, O. F. Mohammed*, ...
Nature Communications, 10, 2930, (2019)
Outstanding Challenges of Zero-Dimensional Perovskite Materials
O. F. Mohammed*
Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 10, 5886-5888 , (2019)
Visualization of Charge Carrier Trapping in Silicon at the Atomic Surface Level Using Four-Dimensional Electron Im...
B. S. Shaheen, A. M. El-Zohry, J. Yin, M. De Bastiani, S. De Wolf, O. M. Bakr, O. F. Moham...
Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 10, 19601966 , (2019)
- Ph.D in Physical Chemistry from Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany (2006).
- 2019-present Associate Professor, Division of Physical Sciences and Engineering, KAUST, KSA
- 2012-2018 Assistant Professor, Division of Physical Sciences and Engineering, KAUST, KSA
- 2008-2012 Senior Research Associate, Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, U.S.A
- 2007-2008: Postdoctoral Fellow (JSPS), RIKEN (Institute of Chemical and Physical Research), Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, 351-0198, Japan
- 2006-2007: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Geneva,Geneva 4, Switzerland
- 2002-2006: Long-term Fellowship for PhD, Max-Born Institute for Nonlinear Optics and Short Pulse Spectroscopy, Max-Born Strasse 2A, D-12489 Berlin, Germany
Scientific and Professional Memberships
- 2002-2006: Long-term fellowship (4 years), Max-Born Institute, Berlin, Germany
- 2006-2007: Post-doctoral Fellowship, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- 2007-2008: JSPS fellowship & Special post-doctoral researcher (RIKEN fellowship), RIKEN, Japan
- 2009-2010: Distinguished scholar award from Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development
- 2010-2011: The State Prize in Basic Sciences, Egypt